We are open every Saturday from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM to accept your generous donations.
Drop off location:
204 S Westgate Dr, Suite C
Greensboro, NC 27407
Please read the entire donation policy listed below in order to know what items we can and cannot accept:
Family Room greatly appreciates the support of everyone in the community who donates items to our Provisions Program. We are only able to provide the support to families who foster and the children in their care because of your donations. Please read our donation policy.
- All donations need to be clean, have all appropriate parts and pieces, never been recalled, and need no repairs.
- Due to Federal Regulations, Family Room must dispose of any item that has been recalled.
- Due to Federal Regulation Standards, no item made for a child 12 and under, that was made before 2009, can be accepted.
- Due to Federal Regulation Standards, no pack-n-plays made before March 2013 can be accepted
- All items in good condition that we can not use as a part of our Provisions Program will either be donated to another nonprofit organization to fund their mission or be sold by Family Room and all proceeds will go back into the Provisions Program.
- Any items that are broken or recalled will be discarded in the trash per federal regulations and our insurance policy.
- Items that we have in excess may be sold and all proceeds will go to fund the Provisions Program of the Family Room.
No family who is fostering will ever be charged for any item they receive.
Items we can use in our Provisions Program:
- Baby and children’s clothing, sizes preemie to kids 16
- Baby and children’s shoes from newborn up to adult size 8
-Porta-cribs – Cribs – Toddler beds – Twin beds
-Crib Mattresses – Twin mattresses and box springs
- Toys, games, and books appropriate for babies, children, and teens with all working parts and pieces
- Baby items including but not limited to
-Bassinets – pack-n-plays – swings – high chairs
-Bouncy seats – strollers – car seats – booster seats
-Diaper bags – bedding – linens – bottles
- Bedding for all beds that we accept
-Bikes – ride on toys – scooters – skateboards
- Gift cards to local restaurants or stores
- New, still in the packages that have not been opened:
– socks – Baby wash – children’s body wash
– underwear – baby lotion – regular body wash
– diapers – diaper rash cream – body lotion
– pull-ups – baby wipes – Gerber Good Start Gentle Formula
Items we are not able to accept:
- Adult size clothing
- Adult size shoes above size 8
- Household items and decorations
- Household furniture
- Used socks or used underwear
- Stuffed animals
- Any items that are in need of repair or have ever been recalled